Audiences London Plus News 6 September
Welcome to the last Audiences London Plus e-newsletter. As you know there have been a number of exciting changes taking place at AL+ HQ as we become the new national agency for audience development, in alliance with All About Audiences in Manchester.
By 7th September we will have fully adopted The Audience Agency name and branding. Your next newsletter will come from The Audience Agency and will include our usual highlights of events, resources and updates.
If you do not which to receive emails from The Audience Agency, please unsubscribe at the bottom right of this newsletter by 12 September.
This Sunday check out The Bandstand Marathon to hear the bandstands of Great Britain strike up in unison. One of the biggest community events of the London 2012 Festival, it will feature live music performances in bandstands and outdoor performance spaces across the UK, all happening on 9 September from 1pm - 5pm. Click here to find a performance happening near you.
This autumn, we are hosting a Roadshow in each region of England to introduce the cultural sector to our new organisation, explain our plans and outline the services we'll be offering. We hope you'll come along to participate in one of these lively events.
Join us to help shape the future for audiences in your region
- North West Roadshow - 11 September, 2pm - 5:30pm - The Lowry, Salford
- South West Roadshow - 20 September , 2pm - 5:30pm - Colston Hall, Bristol
- West Midlands Roadshow - 15 October, 2pm - 5:30pm - Thinktank, Birmingham
- London Roadshow - 17 October, 1:30pm- 5pm - Royal Festival Hall, London
- East Midlands Roadshow - 6 November, 2pm - 5:30pm - Galleries of Justice Museum, Nottingham
- North East Roadshow - 7 November, 2pm - 5:30pm - Venue TBC
- Yorkshire Roadshow - 13 November, 2pm - 5:30pm - Northern Ballet, Leeds
East Roadshow - 14 November, 2pm - 5:30pm - Venue TBC
- South East Roadshow - 20 November. 2pm - 5:30pm - Venue TBC
We want to work with you to put audiences at the heart of what you do - in these challenging times, there's never been a greater need to do so. Come along to a Roadshow to learn about who we are, what we do, and how we can support you.
We're looking to influencers, strategic planners and enthusiasts to contribute to discussion about audiences in your region, and about the specific opportunities and challenges faced. We would like you to offer your perspective and share your experience. And we invite your feedback on how our new plans could help you to deliver yours.
For more information or to book your place, please visit our website for The Audience Agency here .
Bristol - Understanding Audiences at Outdoor Events and Festivals
Wednesday 10th October, Circomedia, Bristol, 11am - 4pm
A day of case studies from festival practitioners and insight on how to understand and engage audiences for outdoor events and festivals. Essential for event planners who need to evaluate impact, make the case to attract investment or devise an engagement strategy.
This is an opportunity to learn, share experiences and ask questions, and by the end of the day you will be able to:
- Demonstrate the value of evaluation and its impacts for planning and delivering events or festivals
- Set objectives for evaluation according to the principles of good research
- Identify and understand audiences using a range of practical and cost effective tools and techniques
- Assess the most effective approaches to engaging local audiences and communities with your event
For more information click here.
To book a place email firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Media Marketing Workshop
Wednesday 28 November, The Mercury Theatre, Colchester, 10am - 4pm
On average in one year, we will share 415 pieces of content on Facebook, we'll spend an average of about 23 minutes a day on Twitter (Social Skinny Feb 2012).
This interactive workshop will focus on how to get the most out of social media, highlighting examples of best practice and provide you some key tools and resources that you will be able to take away and use.
What will you learn?
- Introduction to key channels - blogging, Facebook and Twitter - with best practice case studies
- Key dos and don'ts for social media
- How social media fits into the bigger picture of a marketing campaign
- How to integrate across and between different social media channels
- How to evaluate and monitor your success - use of analytic tools
- A look at some future trends
Visit our eventbrite page for more information or to book your place.
We'll still be here and now available nationally
Though our name and branding have changed, we're still here offering the same tried and tested services. The new structure of the national agency allows us to work across England, with offices in Manchester and London and a team of Regional Directors. This means we have even more expertise and can provide coverage across the whole country wherever our services are needed.
We have a new website
www.theaudienceagency.org will feature news, events and resources, as well as information about the agency.
However, we plan to keep www.audienceslondon.org live until further notice, as it provides a valuable source of information. We are working on an ambitious project, in partnership with the AMA, and funded by ACE Strategic Funds (Best Practice), to build a Knowledge Bank.
We now have new email addresses, so if you need to contact us please do so on . Alternatively, you can find our full staff list with contact details here.
The Audience Agency on Twitter
We'll be winding our @audienceslondon twitter account in the next few months so please follow @audienceagents. We'll be tweeting about jobs, events and all things cultural as well as about our work as The Audience Agency.