Snapshot London: Performing Arts Audience Report
Download our latest report sharing and comparing some of the essential facts about London audiences for performing arts venues in London.
Snapshot London: Performing Arts has gone from strength to strength since we began sharing audience information from London box offices in 2005. It now involves 36 key London cultural organisations, pooling data about bookers for performing arts from over 10 million households.
Here are some of the essential facts for the 2009/10 Snapshot year:
- Overall, audiences for the arts seem to have grown since 2007.
- Nearly two thirds (64%)of bookers live in Greater London.
- One third of audiences live within 5 miles of the venue they visit.
- The Liberal Opinions Mosaic Group makes up over a third of audiences.
- Over 33% of ticket income and tickets sold come from over 60% of bookers.
- There's been a 40% decrease in 'on the day' bookings between 2006/7 and 2009/10.
- The majority of audiences tend to favour one venue and one artform.
This report was compiled with thanks to:
Max Toynbee, Snapshot project manager, Richard Turpin, Head of Research Services and Orian Brook, Research Associate, with the support of the Audiences London Research Team, Penny Mills, Anne Torreggiani and Kate Carter.
For more information on Snapshot email