Taking Part Survey and Participation
Taking Part survey reveals arts participation is on the rise. For the full report click here.
In case you don't get the chance to digest the report below are the headlines.
- in 2011, 78 per cent of adults surveyed had engaged in the arts in the last year, a 2 per cent increase on figures from 2005/06
- nearly half - 48 per cent - of those who took part in the survey in 2011 said they had paid a visit to a gallery or a museum in the last year, a 6 per cent increase on the five years previously (2005/06)
- for people from Black and minority ethnic groups, the figure has risen by 8 per cent in the same period - to 43 per cent
- arts engagement increased by 8 per cent between 2009/10 and 2011 for the most deprived 10 per cent of the people surveyed - from 60 per cent to 68 per cent
- engagement by adults aged 65-74 and 75 plus has increased significantly since 2005/06 - from 71 per cent to 75 per cent for 65-74 year olds and from 58 per cent to 63 per cent for aged 75 and over. However, adults aged 75 and over still have significantly lower arts engagement rates compared to other age groups