Audiences Black Country
A collaborative project for organisations in Wolverhampton and the Black Country to support development of CRM strategies through a programme of seminars, data profiling and one-to-one surgery sessions.
- Develop skills in understanding, collecting and using audience information strategically in the region.
- Deliver tailored and practical advice and support about using audience information for devising effective audience development, marketing, customer relationship management (CRM) and/or local engagement strategies and plans to organisations across the region.
- Development of a region-wide picture of cultural engagement and audience profiles (based on available data).
The project was led by Audiences Central with delivery supported by Audiences London
Arena Theatre, Wolverhampton, Black Country Living Museum, Tipton (Wolverhampton), Light House, Wolverhampton, New Art Gallery Walsall, Newhampton Arts Centre, Wolverhampton, The Public, West Bromwich, Wolverhampton Arts and Heritage Service including: Wolverhampton Art Gallery, Bilston Craft Gallery and Bantock House Museum, Wolverhampton Grand Theatre and Wolverhampton Civic.
- Increased effectiveness by participating organisations in engaging and reaching audiences through improved understanding of their existing and potential audiences.
- Developed and/or refined audience development, marketing, CRM and/or local engagement strategies and plans with achievable and measurable objectives.
- A framework for continuing to work together across the region in a supportive network, to share data and information and to grow audiences collectively
Audiences London devised a programme of seminars on using data analysis, benchmarking, audience monitoring, CRM, friends and membership and using social media and analytics.
Each organisation provided available data to be mapped and profiled which provided them with information on their catchment areas and the socio-demographic make-up of their audiences or visitors - using Acorn, Mosaic and Arts Audiences: Insight. This information was provided in the context of the make-up of the local population and an Area Profile Report of the catchment area.
Finally all organisations recieved a surgery session to support them using the data and information generated.
Additional surgery sessions on a range of subjects and issues were also delivered by Audiences Central.
A regional profile was generated using the understanding developed through the individual organisation profiling to better understand the potential and propensity within the population generally to engage with cultural activity.This report was designed to be used in the context of individual organisations' own data profiling, to support identification of hot spot areas for further penetration and ongoing CRM activity, areas of un-tapped or little tapped potential and areas of high degrees of non-engaged with culture population.
Informing CRMAs a result of this project, organisations were able to do some or all of the following:
- Use the profiling to inform segmentation of their audiences and visitors.
- Implement tailored communications messages to appeal to different audience groups.
- Engage their organisations internally with the process of CRM.
For further information onthis project please contact